Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Get To Know Us!

Hey everyone!

I'm Kelsea and my husband and I are beginning a new journey! We are going to start Soles On Fire Dance Academy based out of Georgia! As of right now, we are currently raising money to go towards our goal of locking down a location, purchasing supplies, and everything else we will need! Later I will share the link to our fundraiser and you can read a little bit more about the company!

Now that I have somewhat introduced you to what we are doing, here is a bit about us! As you already know, I'm Kelsea! I started dancing around the age of 9 at The Dance Experience in Celebration, FL. I started my dance career by taking 3 classes, Ballet, Tap, and Stretch class! After my first year at The Dance Experience, I auditioned for the competition team and was accepted to join for the season. We competed at the following competitions throughout the year, Nexstar, Headliners, and Tremaine Dance Convention. By the time I was 11, I had been put en pointe! It was one of the most amazing days of my dance career, it is truly a moment I will never forget! During the 6th grade, The Dance Experience closed and I then transferred to Raskin Dance Studio in Kissimmee, FL where I continued with my dance training! During my time at Raskin Dance Studio, I learned and grew immensely in my dancing ability! After my first year there, I joined the competition team and competed at Adrenaline Dance Convention, NYCDA, Jump, and Showstoppers Dance Competition.

During my freshman year of high school, I worked with a young group of third graders for a chapel performance to the song NY2LA (New York 2 LA). Little did I know, this was going to jumpstart a future of choreographing for years to come for not only these students but others as well! I worked with these very talented students for 3 years and have now begun working with two amazing soloists for the past two years. These kids have given me amazing challenges as a choreographer that have truly bettered me within my dance abilities.

In May of 2015 my husband and I got married and moved to Georgia in August. Since then, he has worked for Delta and we both have been attending online college classes to continue on our degree paths. Around the middle of December, one of my soloists contacted me about working with her for the 2016 LCS Festival (FLOCS) at Southeastern University. As January rolled around, my husband Tray and I began discussing dance and what it would be like to open a studio! We began thinking about it and soon the talking and thinking became a business that we have now decided we want to open! Later, I will be sharing what kind of studio we are planning to create. I will also be sharing information about upcoming events and classes! Stay tuned to read more about the stages of fundraising, ways to donate or be apart of making this business a reality, and future classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment